Healthy Child Healthy World - The Book
This is an essential guide for modern parents!
You want a happy, healthy child and a safe home, but where do you start? With small steps towards creating a cleaner, greener, safer home - and this is the definitive book to get you there.
Inside, you’ll find practical, inexpensive, and easy lifestyle advice for every stage of parenting including:
• Advice on preparing a non-toxic nursery
• What every expectant mom needs to do to have a safer pregnancy
• Which plastics and baby products to avoid and the healthier solutions
• Tips to take to the grocery store, including the most and least pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables and the best healthy kid-approved snacks
• Which beauty care products pose the biggest risk to health
• Recipes for healthy snacks, DIY cleaners, and non-toxic art supplies
• How to easily minimize allergens, dust, and lead
• Advice for a greener garden, yard, and outdoor spaces
• Tips to keep your pets healthy, and the unwanted pests out naturally
• Renovation ideas, naturally fresher indoor air, and safer sleeping options
• A 27-page extensive shopper’s guide to most trusted and best products every home needs
It’s also packed with over 40 featured contributions from renowned doctors, environmental scientists, and public-health experts like Dr. Harvey Karp, Dr Philip Landrigan, and William McDonough, as well as many celebrity parents like Gwyneth Paltrow, Tobey Maguire, Sheryl Crow, Erin Brockovich, and Tom Hanks. There’s even a special featured contribution from First Lady Michelle Obama on her best ways of coping with her daughter’s asthma.
What People Are Saying
“Healthy Child Healthy World helps mothers and fathers connect the dots, to understand cause and effect….It tries to emphasize the healthful solutions, the positive, easy-to-follow steps you can take for your family, your home, yourself.”
“Healthy Child Healthy World is an excellent resource for any parent looking to keep their home healthy, safe and green for themselves, for their children, and for the planet.”
—John Adams, Founding Director, NRDC
“I LOVE (this) book. I think it’s so important, so well done, and I’ve already bought it as a gift for several new moms. It’s a must have for any one who cares about the health of their children and the world that we are living in.”
—Jane Buckingham, Author of Modern Girl’s Guide to Motherhood, columnist for the New York Times Syndicate, and President of The Intelligence Group
“The best book ever written to help parents detoxify and green their households is Healthy Child Healthy World by Christopher Gavigan.”
— Elle Magazine
About the Author
For over a decade, Christopher Gavigan has been dedicated to improving the lives of children and families. Gavigan is the Co-Founder of The Honest Company and was formerly the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director of Healthy Child Healthy World, the leading national non-profit dedicated to protecting children from harmful environmental exposures. Gavigan launched impactful public awareness campaigns reaching millions, executed a new strategic vision for the organization and successfully established values-based messaging and collaborative relationships with over 30 social and environmentally driven business partners. He lives in the Los Angeles area with his wife, Jessica Capshaw, and their three children.
Want to know where we got our research?